This year is about taking action. Making art, writing stories, sharing inspiration, and remembering that I always have a choice (even if that’s just a choice of perspective).
Last week, I started my daily challenges. I’ve fallen behind already, so I’m just going to pick up today and catch up on the missed days as I go. No stress.
I have a social media schedule now. Every day of the week (except Fridays and weekends), I have a blogging / social site ‘job’ to do. Today’s (Monday) is doing my Monday Musings post, tomorrow’s is to record a video / podcast (not sure what it’s going to be about, but there’s no day job tomorrow so I have time to sort it out). Wednesday is to post the video with a blurb and maybe a transcript, and Thursday is to write a blog post. I have started implementing this schedule already.
This week has had lots of reading and writing and thinking time:
- I went on holiday! To Kaueranga Valley, with lots of walking and idea-pondering. I’m planning to do more camping this year.
- I did some of my daily challenges.
- I worked on the Beyond the End of the World edits, and the Series Two, Book Two draft (see progress here).
- I did lots of reading – Brian Falkner, Eleanor Catton, Elizabeth Pulford, Terry Pratchett.
- I got accepted into the General Collective Easter Market which I’m super excited for.
- Got started on a painting!
The week ahead I’m planning to:
- Finalise plans for the release of Beyond the End of the World.
- Finalise edits and send Beyond the End of the World to the printer.
- Finish the draft for Series Two, Book Two.
- Draft a plan, or at least brainstorm ideas, for Series Two, Book Three.
- Complete my painting.
- Do all my daily challenges.