Right, so today I’m off to New Windsor school as a guest author to celebrate Book Week with them. This is particularly exciting because a) I used to teach there, and b) my mum teaches there! There’s also a few teachers who have pre-ordered The Caretakers Colouring Book.
I’ll be speaking to a group of Y5-6’s (10 year olds, ish) about writing, re-writing and how to get your story out in the world. I’m a firm believer in not waiting until you grow up to start following your passions (mostly because I did wait). I’ll also be doing a little reading from one of my books (probably Lucy’s Story: The End of the World), and then opening up for Q&A – I’ve been assured they will have lots of questions!
In regards to current projects, I’ve got a few things on the go at the moment:
- Editing Beyond the End of the World (the final book in The Caretaker Series).
- The next colouring book – I’ll probably do What Stars Are Made Of and come back to Lucy’s later.
- A non-fiction book on writing. It’ll focus on developing the confidence to write, and maintaining physical & mental health.
What happened last week?
- Read-through with Jennie Cruse for Lucy’s Story audio book (listen to a sample here)
- Sent The Caretaker’s Colouring Book to the printer
- Editing of Beyond the End of the World
- Some friends’ editing.
- A little bit of yoga.
And what’s on the cards for this week?
- Getting the pre-orders of The Caretaker’s Colouring Book sent out!
- Doing my first custom colouring page.
- Starting my non-fiction.
- Editing Beyond the End of the World.
- Read-through with Barbs Peterson for The Caretaker of Imagination.
- The Blockhouse Bay Market Day, at which my colouring books will be for sale.
- Planning my non-fiction book on writing.